Our Commitment to Privacy
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold include:
- your identity and contact information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number and email address;
- information about your accounts and products with us such as the balance, the type of product, creditor/s, repayment schedules and history, and communication history;
- your financial information such as your occupation or business activities, employment status, income, expenses, repayment capacity, assets, liabilities and other personal information related to this;
- your credit information and credit eligibility information;
- your payment information such as BSB and account number, credit card number or alternative payment method details;
- information about your activities on our websites, portals, social media, live chat or other digital platforms; and
- for employment purposes, details about your experience, skills, qualifications, background and other related matters.
Inbound and outbound phone calls to and from our call centres are recorded and may be monitored or reviewed for compliance, record-keeping and training purposes. We periodically delete call-recordings.
As our interactions with you are most likely to relate to your account or product, it is not possible for you to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym unless the interaction is a general inquiry or does not relate to your account.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We may collect and hold personal information in ways that include:
- from your creditors and financial institutions and related service providers when we purchase an account from them, act on their behalf as their agent or service provider, are engaged by them to manage or recover an account or provide a service relating to this, and are assisting you with a financial solution such as assisting with a loan application or other credit product or solution;
- from credit reporting bodies or other information providers;
- from third parties that you have authorised to act on your behalf in your interactions with us;
- from other third parties if we are having difficulty locating or contacting you;
- from your employer about your employment and income;
- from third party information service providers; and
- in relation to employment including an employment application, from you during the recruitment process, and from recruitment agencies, your referees and by undertaking appropriate background checks.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure manner. We may store information in electronic or non-electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of efficiently and effectively carrying out our functions and activities including:
- assisting you with financial solutions such as credit products and services;
- buying and recovering accounts, debts and credit facilities from creditors such as banks, finance companies, and utility and telecommunication providers;
- acting as an agent for our clients such as banks, insurers, and utility providers to recover defaulted, cancelled and/or terminated credit facilities;
- providing accounts receivable management services for our clients;
- recruiting and employing staff;
- monitoring, developing, improving and marketing our products and services; and
- other related functions and activities.
How can you update your personal information that we hold?
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we request that you inform us if any of your personal information has changed. If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us or alternatively log in to our customer portal (if applicable) to access and update the relevant information.
How can you access your personal information that we hold?
You can make an access request to us for the personal information we hold about you. We will not charge you a fee for making an access request, but we may charge a reasonable fee for supplying access to the information we hold about you. When this applies, we will advise you upfront that a fee may apply and the basis for the calculation of the fee.
Depending on the type of request that you make we may respond to your request immediately, otherwise we will respond to you as soon as we reasonably can, but within 28 days. If we are unable to meet this timeframe, we will advise you. There may be situations where we are unable to provide you with access to your information. If this applies, we will advise you of this and the reasons (if we are able to).
For New Zealand only, where your personal information is not held by us but we believe the information to be held by another organisation, we will transfer your request to the other agency within 10 working days after we receive the request.
How can you seek correction of your personal information that we hold?
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date, you may request that we correct the information. We may need to consult with other organisations as part of our investigation. If we refuse to correct information we will advise you of this and provide you with the reasons for not correcting the information (if we are able to).
Depending on the type of correction request that you make we may respond to your request immediately, otherwise we will respond to you as soon as we reasonably can, but within 28 days. If we are unable to meet this timeframe, we will advise you.
How can you make a complaint to us?
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information or about a breach of the privacy legislation or Privacy Principles, you may contact us to make a complaint. We will respond to your complaint within 28 days. If we are unable to meet this timeframe, we will advise you.
Our contact details are:
- Phone: email@example.com
- Email: 1300 080 825
How can you make a complaint to an external body?
You can also contact the following external sources:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
For New Zealand:
Financial Services Complaints Ltd
Phone: 0800 347 257
Phone: 0800 803 909
Do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to organisations that include:
- our related companies;
- our authorised agents, legal advisers, and service providers (such as technology service providers, identity verification service providers, bulk mail handling providers, document storage providers, information or data providers and process servers);
- your current or former credit providers and their authorised service providers and agents;
- your authorised representative;
- courts, tribunals and external dispute resolution schemes;
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under anti-money laundering legislation;
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has or is considering a financial interest in our business or part of our business such as a debt portfolio;
- to third parties and employers when we are conducting employment or income enquiries or attempting to make contact with you; and
- in relation to employment and recruitment, your referees, education provider, employers and our background verification service provider to verify information about your employment application.
We may also disclose certain personal information to credit reporting bodies. For example, if you fail to meet your repayment obligations, we may be entitled to disclose that information to such a body. When such information is disclosed to a credit reporting body, that body may include such information in reports that are subsequently provided to credit providers to assist them in assessing your credit worthiness. We may disclose information to the following credit reporting bodies:
Phone: 13 23 33
Phone: 1300 783 684
Phone: 13 83 32
For New Zealand:
Phone: 0800 733 707
Phone: (64) 9 927 4611
Phone: 0800 692 733
Do we disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Like most businesses, we may need to disclose certain information to overseas recipients from time to time to perform certain functions and activities. We take the necessary steps to ensure that personal information is protected when it is disclosed overseas. We may disclose your information to our clients, contractors or service providers in overseas countries including (but not limited to) New Zealand (for those not in New Zealand), Australia (for those not in Australia) and the Philippines. If we have reason to believe that you are located overseas, we may disclose your information to our overseas agent in that country to assist us in performing our functions and activities.
Occasionally we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time contact us to request that you no longer receive direct marketing. We will give effect to your request at the earliest possible opportunity.